Wholesome, vibrant skin starts with nutrition from the inside out. Choosing clean fresh foods and lots of water dramatically impacts the texture and appearance of your skin. Secondarily, a consistent skincare regime nourishes and protects your most valuable asset from our increasingly harsh environment. The following steps are recommended, in sequence, to produce optimal results.
STEP 1: Cleanse (Daily)
Daily cleansing is the most fundamental step in skin care.
- Select a cleanser suited to your skin type. Place a small amount of cleanser into your hands. If you are using an Eminence product, you may wish to emulsify with a few drops of water or tea.
- Apply your cleanser in a circular motion, covering the entire face for 30 seconds.
- Gently scrub with a damp microfiber cloth or sponge and rinse thoroughly, alternating warm and cold water.
- Cleansing removes dirt, pollution and impurities from the skin’s surface and prepares the epidermis to optimally receive the healing ingredients in subsequent steps.
- Exfoliate (Weekly or Bi-Weekly)
- Weekly or bi-weekly exfoliation benefits your complexion by gently removing dead skin cells which dull the complexion and prevent product absorption.
- Exfoliation minimizes fine lines and gives rise to an even and vibrant skin tone.
- If you notice your moisturizer is not having the same impact as usual, generally, exfoliation is in order.
- Exfoliation is a form of gentle microdermabrasion which sloughs away dry, flaky and dead skin cells which negatively impact absorption.
Treat (Weekly and/or As Needed)
- Masques, Peels and Treatments aid in targeting specific skin care issues.
- Hydrate dry skin, firm devitalized skin, balance hormonally erratic skin, lighten sun damage and treat acne and rosacea.
- Masques are recommended weekly or bi-weekly to provide your skin with that extra boost of natural healing.
STEP 2: Tone (Daily)
- Daily toning brings the skin back into natural PH balance while providing an infusion of vitamins, minerals and healing ingredients.
- Toning assists in the prevention of breakouts.
- Simply apply the toner best suited to your skin type. Rejuvenate your skin and inhale the aromatherapy for maximum benefit.
STEP 3: Infuse (Daily – Eminence & OM4 Products Only)
- The daily application of active serums is perhaps the most essential step in a complete skincare regime.
- Serums treat specific skincare concerns such as lack of firmness, dehydration, signs of premature aging, uneven skin tone, breakouts, acne, and rosacea by providing infusion of highly concentrated botanicals, vitamins and minerals.
- Serums originated from the old world use of elixirs, balms and salves designed specifically to treat various ailments.
- This unique liquid medium is one of the only skin care products which actually penetrates the epidermis and heals from the inside out.
- Squeeze a pea size amount of serum into the palm of your hand and apply a light layer to the skin prior to moisturizing.
STEP 4: Moisturize (Daily AM and PM)
- Moisturize daily to hydrate and soften the skin.
- Moisturizers provide a protective barrier from the harsh environment while providing extended treatment through contact with essential herbal and botanical ingredients.
- Even oily skin requires a light moisturizer for the same reasons previously mentioned.
- Apply a layer of moisturizer over the entire face and neck area and leave on.
- For a lighter application, emulsify a small amount of moisturizer in your hand with a few drops of water.
- For extra hydration, apply a thicker layer in dry areas.
- Don’t forget to use a night cream before bed to bathe your skin in extra moisture while you sleep.
STEP 5: Enhance (Daily)
- Eye care and lip care are often overlooked steps in the daily care of your skin.
- Eye care is critically important in preventing and/or minimizing fine lines around the eye area.
- Using a gentle tapping motion, apply a small amount of your favorite product to the contour area around the eyes, taking care not to tug delicate skin.
- For lip care, ensure you are using a moisturizer below your lip liner and stick.
- The natural peptides in our Eminence Citrus Lip Balm, when applied over a four week period, boosts collagen, filling fine lines and making lips voluptuous and youthful.